RSC Cabbage is an extension of RuneScape Classic content & mechanics. All available content in RuneScape Classic is in RSC Cabbage, but with many custom additions typical of traditional RSC private servers. It is run based off of the same OpenRSC framework as RSC Preservation, 2001scape and Open PK.
RSC Coleslaw uses the same server configuration as RSC Cabbage. The only difference between the two servers are that botting is NOT allowed on RSC Cabbage, while it is encouraged on RSC Coleslaw.
While rings could could be crafted in the authentic version of Classic, they couldn't be enchanted. Several of them have been given functions on Cabbage, with purposes inspired by later versions of RuneScape:
- Ring of Recoil (Sapphire): Reflects 10% + 1 damage back to the attacker. 40 charges.
- Ring of Splendor (Emerald): multiplies GP drops by 10, capped at 1000 coins per drop.
- Ring of Forging (Ruby): overrules 70 iron ore smelting failures into successes (does not reward experience if it takes effect though).
- Ring of Life (Diamond): teleports player to Lumbridge if HP drops below 10% of max (note: if the final hit is 10% or more of HP you still die, must still be alive and hit under 10% of your HP for it to work). Works up to 20 wilderness.
- Ring of Wealth (Dragonstone): increases chances of obtaining items from the rare drop table.
- Ring of Avarice (Dragonstone): automatically picks up any stackable item that's dropped. This includes arrows while ranging.
- Dwarven Ring (Opal): While making cannonballs, obtain 4 cannonballs per bar instead of 1 (effects up to 29 steel bars, will break even if you only make one)
A couple new food items have been added.
- Seaweed soup: heals 26 hitpoints.
- Wine of Zamorak and Wine of Saradomin: made by combining Cursed grapes or Blessed grapes with a jug of water.
- Main article: Runecrafting
Runecrafting is a familiar concept to anyone who played RS2. It allows players to create their own runes from "Rune Stones". It is not changed very much at all in Open RSC from how it was implemented in RS2.
- Main article: Harvesting
Harvesting is a new skill for RSC Cabbage similar to Farming, but without the farming part, instead cutting to just the part where plants are harvested.
- Magic potion - 76 Herblaw - Dwarf weed + Wine of Saradomin
- Potion of Saradomin - 81 Herblaw - Torstol + sliced dragonfruit - significant boost to defense and hits, while lowering strength, attack, ranging, and magic
- Super ranging potion - 83 Herblaw - Ranging potion + half coconut
- Super magic potion - 85 Herblaw - Magic potion + half coconut
- Main article: Holiday items
Cabbage contains several unique holiday items, with more planned for the future. There are no discontinued Holiday items on RSC Cabbage. All past holiday items are available on each respective holiday.
- Dragon 2-handed sword with 99/99 stats. Dropped by KBD at a rate of 1/4096. (1/2048 with a Ring of Wealth)
- Dragon scale mail can be made after completion of the Dwarf Rescue miniquest with 90 Smithing and Crafting.
- Main article: Skill capes
Skill capes have been added in RSC Cabbage as a reward for reaching level 99 in a skill. Not all skill capes have been released yet, but each skill cape has a unique buff usually different from RS2+.