Open RSC temporarily offline due to exploitation

Learn about the latest news here.
ReasonableSteve
Level 3

Re: OpenRSC temporarily offline due to exploitation

Post by ReasonableSteve »

Aw man! This sucks. And by this, I mean the people whose self-obsessed nonsense created a bunch of work for you folks. If I thought you had reason to trust me to help in any way, I'd offer my time to work on sorting things out. This server has been a nice emotional support for me lately, I'm bummed to lose it (even temporarily).
Death
Level 3

Post by Death »

Thank you to all the devs volunteering their free time and working to get this done. This server has attracted a lot of people lately, and surely a few bad apples with it. It is unfortunate but I have faith in the devs and that this server will live on for many years after this issue is resolved.
mr_big02
Level 3

Post by mr_big02 »

im sad to hear about a roll back... yesterday was my only day off this week and i played for like 4 hours lol
but i trust the judgement of the mods, if a roll back is needed. Go for it!
Hard to believe players would want to cheat on such a nostalgic game. Found this a couple weeks ago, and im so thankful.
patiently checking in on updates. Thank you for making this game possible. Hope the cheaters get lost.
like really, i thought we had a good community here. The players have been so humble.
see u all when its back up
Moon Lad
Level 3

Post by Moon Lad »

Now where will the Satanists go? The Dupers making people homeless.
Malazan
Level 3

Post by Malazan »

Thank you everyone for spending their time and effort keeping this game alive.
Whatever actions are needed (such as a rollback), I am sure the people will understand.
Wine
Level 10

Post by Wine »

Happy Friday -- any updates?
Shodakin
Level 3

Post by Shodakin »

Is there a way to donate to devs for their hard-work and efforts in keeping this game pure and awesome?
RetroGamer02
Level 3

Post by RetroGamer02 »

Shodakin wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:27 pm Is there a way to donate to devs for their hard-work and efforts in keeping this game pure and awesome?
Thats a very nice thought but we don't take donations.
Shodakin
Level 3

Post by Shodakin »

let me know if that changes, as i really respect some free devs that have brought this game to life as well maintain it. Furthermore, i may have a hard-drive that may have content from 2010-2020 of runescape clients.
RetroGamer02
Level 3

Post by RetroGamer02 »

Shodakin wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:36 pm let me know if that changes, as i really respect some free devs that have brought this game to life as well maintain it. Furthermore, i may have a hard-drive that may have content from 2010-2020 of runescape clients.
We have always been hobbyists and volunteers so I don't see it changing. For RS clients you might have please see https://rs-archive.github.io/index.html Saddly I think the rewards are only for things before 2010 but if you find something from before then we don't have you can redeem a reward from a server admin.